Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ashe REALLY writes about modeling




So, here's where Ashe really and truly writes about modeling, savvy?

I'm starting to hate it. And by hate, I mean what I say. Hate.

This is not me.

I got into it on a whim, and the first few times were fun. The next few times after that were fun, too. The money isn't bad, I'll give it that. I like being able to get $200 for three hours of my basically expending no effort. However, posing nude in the forest with various photographers who feel that such a setting is "different" somehow, or "outrageous"...you see, people have zero concept of originality, the pictures suck, I walk out with cash, but I don't use the pictures for my portfolio, because I think they're so fucking awful and mundane.

Back in June or July, I met up with an absolutely fantastic photographer who was really able to help me pose and express my creativity through images that I positively adore.



That's when I started thinking to myself about how it's really an artistic outlet, just another one that I can master and make beauty with, talk through.

However.

No one's in it for the art anymore. You meet people who SAY they are...but no one is. Recently, a few weeks ago, I was contacted by another photographer who said that he wanted my creative influence on his portfolio, but...that ended up being a complete and utter disaster. Once I got there, all he saw were my long legs and big boobs and he decided instantly that he wanted to sex up my port with images that showed my "sexy" side, not my bloody side. The pictures he took came out great, he said that I could make some absolutely SERIOUS cash, but...

Eh.

That isn't me.

He was pissed. He said that all the models I know who do alternative modeling do it because they can't do anything else. They do it because they're 5'5" or 5'4" and that's their only option. But me? Oh, I'm "high fashion" material, I'm 5'10", I'm "twenty years old" I ought to "sell myself".

I'm not trying to be part of a cocaine addicted industry. I don't want my body to be my main source of income. I don't know how I got on this crazy ride to begin with, but I think I want off.

Eh.

1 comment:

  1. I think, since you don't have a manager or anything that you're in a lucky position to be able to cherry pick your themes and shoots.

    If you don't want to do the typical sexy crap, don't.

    Once, Tyra Banks said every model should have a card which details what they are not comfortable doing like nudity, full on nudity, animals, cigarettes or alcohol and so forth.

    Yes, Tyra Banks is crazy but she's also a very experienced model who knows what she's talking about when it comes to that industry.

    ReplyDelete